Angle Closure Glaucoma . In this course you will:
- Identify patients at risk for angle closure based upon ethnicity, age, refractive error, and anterior segment anatomy.
- Discuss the mechanisms of angle closure
- Recognize the symptoms and course of different classifications of angle closure.
- List treatments for acute angle closure along with their advantages and disadvantages.
- Discuss arguments (including risk/benefit) for prophylactic iris iridotomy and other treatment options of patients with various levels of risk for angle closure.
- Identify safe dilation criteria and protocol.
View the following lecture presentation recorded by David Cale, OD, FAAO, Associate Professor:
Video: Angle Closure Glaucoma
A PowerPoint Handout available in PDF format, outline key points covered in the lecture presentation.